North-western Cambodia is a region of Cambodia and includes the provinces of Banteay Meanchey, Oddar Meanchey, Preah Vihear, Siem Reap and the part of Stoeng Treng to the west of the Mekong.
Major cities include:
- Siem Reap - the largest city of the region and gateway to Angkor
- Anlong Veng - grim reminders of the Khmer Rouge in the impressive Dangrek Mountains
- Poipet - an interesting squalid town known for its infamous border crossing
- Sisophon - a transport hub in the middle of nowhere, with its own quirky attractions
- Samraong - hinterland transport hub with connection to Thailand